Invisalign is technologya designed to give you the smile you’ve always wanted, without the display and anxiety associated with metal braces. Invisalign clear aligners move teeth in the same way traditional braces do: gently applying controlled forces to teeth to move them into a better position. Sexson Orthodontics Ltd. has offered patients this Invisalign technology since it was first introduced to orthodontists back in 1997.
Made To Fit Your Lifestyle, Not Change It
Because Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners to position and straighten teeth, you can keep your active lifestyle during treatment. Unlike braces, Invisalign aligners are discreet and have no metal bands or wires to irritate your mouth. So go ahead and be as active as you like. Since Invisalign is removable, just take the clear aligners out for special events or if you’re going to indulge in a sticky, gooey snack, bite into an apple, or even a cripsy pizza crust. Another benefit of Invisalign is your aligner can function as a night guard if you have a teeth grinding or clenching habit, as it will priotect your teeth from excessive wear.
The procedure consists of placing a topical anesthetic (numbing gel), rinsing and drying the tissue, and then painlessly removing the unwanted gum tissue. The edges of the treated tissue return to a normal appearance in a couple of days.
- Accelerates orthodontic treatment by allowing earlier access to impacted teeth
- Precise removal of tissue
- Painless – since the nerve endings are sealed during the procedure
- Bloodless – since the tissue is cauterized
- Sterile – the laser tip sterilizes the procedure area
- Quicker and more comfortable healing
- Prevention and accelerated healing of canker sores
- Prevention and accelerated healing of cold sores (ie. herpetic lesions)
- Reducing tooth sensitivity
- Teeth whitening